Nowadays, VPNs are top-rated and widely used tools all around the world. Initially, the virtual private network (VPN) was created in order to provide the possibility to connect business networks securely over the Internet or allow users to access a business network from home. However, now VPNs are used for much more than that.
These days, VPN is more often used for protecting one’s privacy online and keeping information protected from ISP, hackers, and other 3rd parties. VPN allows users to securely browse and access personal data via public networks by keeping sensitive personal information hidden from hackers and malicious or unwanted websites. VPN protects users’ activity by encrypting their data when they connect to the Internet from a remote workstation or a public place. Moreover, VPN will hide the user’s current location, internal protocol address (IP address), and online activity from hackers, who are raging dangerously in cyberspace these days.
How does VPN work?
VPN routes the device’s internet connection through your chosen VPN’s private server as opposed to routing it through your ISP (internet service provider). This means that when you transmit your data via the Internet, it comes from the VPN instead from your device directly.
When you turn on a VPN and then connect to the Internet, the VPN’s IP address hides your real IP address by encrypting your data. It will go in an encrypted form to your ISP and then to the VPN server. Then VPN server connects to the web on your behalf. So the destination website does not see you as the origin of the traffic, it sees the VPN server, which only shows encrypted data.
Basically, VPN creates a private “tunnel” from your device to the Internet, and this “tunnel’ hides your personal information through encryption.
Encryption is the process of encoding data so that only authorized individuals can access it. When you encrypt a message, you convert it from standard, readable text into an unintelligible code.
Benefits of using VPN
The most crucial benefit of a VPN is that VPN service hides most of users’ personal information which, if revealed, could put their privacy at risk. Below we have listed some other benefits of using a VPN:
– allows access to geo-blocked websites;
– allows access to your corporate business or home network while traveling;
– hides your browsing activity from your local network and Internet service provider;
– helps bypassing internet censorship;
– grants some anonymity online by hiding your real location and protecting you from snooping on untrustworthy Wi-Fi hotspots.
VPN is an excellent privacy tool that hides most things, but some of its functions are not as straightforward as others.
Some exceptions may apply when it comes to hiding your online behavior.
Here are the things which can be kept hidden by a correctly configured VPN tool:
1. Your browsing history;
2. Your IP address and location;
3. Your device location for streaming;
4. Your devices;
5. Your web activity.
What VPN services does Time4VPS offer?
Time4VPS clients can use our secure VPN with OpenVPN or L2TP protocols. These protocols provide a good combination of speed, security, and reliability.
You can check out all of our VPN plans here: https://www.time4vps.com/virtual-private-network/
Our VPN service can be set up on various devices and operating systems. You can find all our configuration guides in our knowledge base: https://www.time4vps.com/kb-category/vpn/
Time4VPS VPN app
Big news! Recently we’ve started offering VPN apps for Windows and Android operating systems. These apps provide more secure features as well as more connection stability and a better speed.
Some important things about our Time4VPS VPN apps:
1. We keep no logs that could compromise your privacy, and we do not sell anything to 3rd parties.
2. We have VPN servers on three continents: Europe (United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany and Lithuania), Asia (Singapore), and North America (Washington and San Francisco).
3. Users’ data are protected with AES-256 and 4096 RSA.
4. The app we provide allows overcoming VPN bans and unblocks censored content because our apps use the smart protocol.
5. Time4VPS VPN app does not display privacy-invading advertisements.
Currently we offer a secure VPN app for Android and Windows operating systems. However, we are working on the iOS app release, so stay tuned for more information!