VPN can help with many things when browsing the internet: security, geo-restrictions, ads, and active torrents, just to name a few. While recently it has become more and more popular to use a VPN, not many people understand how it actually works, or how to create a VPN connection on the device of their choosing.
What Is VPN?
Abbreviation VPN stands for virtual private network. It is a tool that encrypts all your data, allowing you to browse public networks securely. It hides your IP address, thus granting you access to the information behind various regional restrictions. By using a VPN, you can also stay safe when using different torrent software. Like a firewall that protects the data on your computer, VPN protects your data on the internet. Consider our provided VPN services and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Set Up VPN on Windows 10
VPN services have become quite popular with Windows 10 users. The following steps will explain how to create a VPN with one of the most widely used VPN protocols, L2TP/IPsec. The said protocol provides the most secure connection available on your Windows 10 device.
- Go to the Start Menu and search for virtual private. Select Change virtual private networks (VPN). On the VPN page, click Add a VPN connection.
- For VPN Provider, select the name of your chosen VPN provider.
- For Connection Name, create a name for this VPN profile. For example, ‘home VPN’ or ‘work VPN’ could be fine.
- For Server Name or Address, type in the hostname or IP address of the VPN server you are using. You should receive it from your VPN service provider.
- For VPN Type, select L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared key and then type in the pre-shared key below it. This key should also be provided by your VPN service provider.
- Type of Sign-In Info should be justify as Username and Password. Type in your VPN username and password below it.
- Click the Save button.
How to create VPN on your Windows 10 device should be clear with the help of these 7 easy steps. If you have any other related questions, feel free to contact our customer support.